ISS Basic Skills Tutor/Activity Coordinator
06 June 2012
Catch22 Nottinghamshire are looking for an ISS Basic Skills Tutor/Activity Coordinator to coordinate and deliver a package of basic skills and leisure activity sessions to young people as part of the Intensive Supervision and Surveillance Programme.
In this role you will ensure all activities are linked to accredited outcomes, promote personal social development and contribute to the reduction in risk factors of young people.
In this role you will:
- Assess the educational needs of service users gathering all necessary information to develop and implement individual learning plans within set timescale
- Complete learner attendance records and other learner documents in line with contract compliance ensuring accuracy and timeliness and that audit requirements are met
- Produce lesson plans for each taught session incorporating topics relating to whole class teaching, individual, paired, group and differentiated activities
- Supervise staff and volunteers providing day to day support monitoring performance and development through established mechanisms to ensure staff deliver the aims and objectives of the service and comply with organisational standards
- Attend and contribute to all required meetings and actively promote service activities within the Youth Offending Service
- Monitor project finances including review of budgets and activity costs and the administration of petty cash ensuring compliance with Catch22 financial procedures and funding expenditure requirements.
In this role you will need:
- Education at least to A level or equivalent
- CTTLS qualification
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle with business use.
- Teaching experience especially with vulnerable and socially excluded / disengaged young people
- Experience of planning and delivering education/activity packages with accredited outcomes
- Experience of supervising staff and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels: verbally and in writing
- Ability to work on own initiative within given boundaries to meet targets
If you would like further information about this role, please contact Neil Parnell, Service Manager by email to Neil.Parnell@catch-22.org.uk
No agencies please.
If you’re successful you may be required to consent to relevant checks by the Criminal Records Bureau and the young people you’ll be working with may have a say in your appointment. Equal and diverse, we see the potential in everyone.
As a charity we are keen to reduce our costs and so encourage all applicants to apply online. However, if you are unable to for any reason, please email the contact person on the advert for further assistance.
Applications for this job are now closed
XONM&WNOTBST - 200612
Hours per week
24.0 hours - Part-time
20 June 2012
29 June 2012
Number of vacancies
£23,657.00 Pro rata