Support Workers – Sessional (casual staff)
30 May 2012
From £6.51 per hour
Are you looking for sessional/casual work where you can impact young people’s lives – using sports and leisure activities and community involvement as engagement tools to help young people’s development and help them learn new skills? We are looking for sessional support workers to join our team.
Catch22 is a national provider of National Citizen Service (NCS) which provides young people in Year 11, from all backgrounds, and with varying abilities, with the opportunity and support to take on new challenges, learn new skills and make a difference.
As a sessional worker you will be working with a group of 15 young people on a 5 phase programme (some of which involves residential trips including outdoor activities) before and during the summer holidays.
The role of Sessional Support Worker will involve:
- Working with young people to develop their personal and social education
- Delivering youth activities in line with strategic objectives of NCS (the role will involve planning, developing and delivering sessions)
- Attending team meetings
- Keeping comprehensive and up-to-date client records and files
- Working evenings and weekends as necessary and during school Summer holidays 2012. This will include two 5 day residentials.
- Actively encouraging young people to get involved in our service delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting young people
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with young people who may present challenging behaviour
- Plenty of initiative
- Willingness to participate in sporting and community initiatives
- Ability to motivate young people and inspire positive change
- Strong professional boundaries
- Ability to travel between different locations as required
If you’ve got the skills we’re looking for, this is a great opportunity to make a difference to young people at a crucial time in their lives.
Catch22 is a national charity that works with young people facing tough situations, encouraging and guiding them through thick and thin. We work with over 37,000 young people in 150 neighbourhoods across the UK. By joining us you’ll be helping to give young people a chance to get on in life.
For further details about this role, please contact Mark Woodbridge by email to Mark.Woodbridge@catch-22.org.uk
No agencies please.
If you’re successful you may be required to consent to relevant checks by the Criminal Records Bureau and the young people you’ll be working with may have a say in your appointment. Equal and diverse, we see the potential in everyone.
As a charity we are keen to reduce our costs and so encourage all applicants to apply online. However, if you are unable to for any reason, please email the contact person on the advert for further assistance.
Applications for this job are now closed
XONNWEWIRNCSES - 180612
Hours per week
0.0 hours - Casual
18 June 2012
27 June 2012
Number of vacancies
£6.51 Per hour