Reggie Yates supports the young people at our alternative #education school #Hackney http://t.co/6aooRHabwy #thevoice
RT @LWBLA "Apprenticeships raise the aspirations of young people...opportunity for them to grow and develop" http://t.co/z7Ed1AbVG2
Catch22 comments on @CIPD report 'Employers are from Mars, Young people are from Venus' http://t.co/WN8XRnXA5L #CIPDl2w #CIPDhrd13
New challenges, new skills, new friends! Teens 16-17 say YES to NCS this summer http://t.co/ljIHgvvfqt #tunbridgewells #eastbourne
Catch22 responds to the Department for Education's Positive for Youth consultation papers
19 September 2011
Catch22 has submitted responses to the Department for Education's Positive for Youth consultation papers.
The responses draw on our experience, gained from working directly with some 32,000 young people each year in services across England and in Wales and through our work with a wide range of smaller youth organisations on initiatives such as Positive Futures and the National Citizen Service.
Crucially, our responses also draw directly on young people, in particular the work of Just Ask, our Lottery funded peer-led information and advice service for young people aged 14 to 25; comments from our Positive Futures Youth Advisory Board; and future-scanning by young people in our newly created Youth Foresight Unit.
Download Catch22's responses to the following papers:
- Youth policy statement - overarching narrative (pdf, 79.5KB)
- The role of businesses in supporting young people (pdf, 86.4KB)
- The relationship between services for young people and the parents of young people (pdf, 4.28KB)
- The outcomes of services for young people and the relationship between universal and targeted services (pdf, 105KB)
- The development of the young people’s workforce (pdf, 72.5KB)
- Supporting vulnerable young people by refocusing youth service on early intervention (pdf, 79.2MB)
- Supporting a wider range of providers to offer services to young people (pdf, 113MB)
- National Citizen Service (pdf, 78MB)
- Growing the role of voluntary and community sector organisations in services for young people (pdf, 76.3KB)
- Commissioning services for young people (pdf, 123KB)
- Business brokerage with the youth sector (pdf, 107KB)
- Adolescent brain development (pdf, 740MB)
- A vision for society that is ‘Positive for Youth’ (pdf, 513KB)
- Preventing youth crime and substance misuse (pdf, 322KB)
- Young people’s health and wellbeing (pdf, 93.7KB)
- Young people’s role in society (pdf, 28.8KB)
- Helping young people to succeed in learning and find a job (pdf, 130KB)
If you have any questions about any of the responses please contact Kim Harper, Senior Policy and Research Adviser at email@example.com.